Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts

Introduction:
Hi! I am Lesley.
I am a 24 year old graduate research assistant at WSU. I am 3 years into getting my PhD in neurophysiology, and when I am done I have no idea what I want to do with my life. :)

The most exciting thing going on in my life right now is wedding planning...I am getting married in July!

Recent picture:


15 Interesting facts:

1. I work with rats almost every day at work...and I love it. They are so cute! and smart.

2. Turkey doesn't make you tired. People say it does because on Thanksgiving people get really tired after eating a lot of it. You actually just feel tired because you ate a huge meal. Your stomach is a blood-sucking monster...meaning, if it has a lot to digest, it draws a lot of blood flow that way because your digestive system is hard at work. It's taking away from your brain, so you feel more tired and less alert.

3. I am going to have everyone in the wedding party wear Tom's Shoes.

4. My fiance is Filipino. I am pumped to be in a multi-racial relationship, although it's something I don't really think about. We're going to have cute kids, haha :)

5. I just learned to make cheesecake. mmm. I have become slightly obsessed with baking new desserts lately. No one around me complains.

6. Who determines what is interesting? I feel like anything I want to say, no one wants to hear...

7. The elevator buzzer rings a lot in my building. I think it means that someone is stuck...maybe. It's bad that I've never looked to see if someone needs help. I sure hope I never get stuck in there. I always bring my cell phone in the elevator, just for that very reason.

8. I bought skinny jeans two days ago for the first time. I think skinny jeans are really ugly and unflattering on every one. Buuuuut I really wanted some non-dressy black pants and that was the only style they come in. I guess I'm becoming trendy or something.

9. I spend far too much time on Netflix, streaming things such as: Scrubs, Hannah Montana, Drake & Josh, the Office.

10. This weekend will consist of: Lord of the Rings marathon, sewing buttons onto a coat, looking at bridesmaid dresses with some of the girls, and going to church-related events. Busy bee!

11. I am really self-conscious about my weight/size even though I know I am in great shape. It's stupid and I gotta change it, I hate what media and society does to people.

12. I am TERRIFIED to be pregnant. I want many of my own kids, I just never want to be pregnant. :)

13. The fiance and I are both virgins and it will stay that way until we're married. I'm so pumped! I feel sad for people that ruin that part of their relationship before then. Also, statistically, we're going to have a better marriage than 95% of people out there that don't wait...soooo I'm thankful for that. I'm not thankful to have a better relationship, I just mean I'm thankful that marriages that remain happy and healthy are often attributed to the way they treat their sex lives. Even people that are engaged and have sex have a greater divorce rate than those who honestly wait. I am in admiration of Sal's patience and desire to be abstinent and I am happy and proud of our relationship. :) This is actually one thing in my life I didn't screw up in God's eyes, haha.

14. I'm 24 and my friends and I often play games that require imagination or "playing pretend". I wouldn't have it any other way...we are pretty amazing and hilarious and fun. I love them so much.

15. I want to do something big with my life....idk what, but I hope it involves God using me to help people's souls. Physically, I'd say it's a dream of mine to come up with some sort of cure/treatment for ALS patients. My childhood best friend's uncle passed away from it, and now my best friend's dad has it. I want to do something in honor of the people around me that are my world.



Sorry if those weren't interesting!

1 comment:

Patrick and Megan said...

Glad you're doing this too!!!