Friday, October 2, 2009

dreaming of you tonight.

I feel like the past few weeks I've been having really strange dreams. Not strange in that they make no sense; they make complete sense. It's more "strange" because of who they involve. Sometimes it's people I hardly talk to, and at other times it's people I haven't seen in years. I'm not sure what that's all about.

Last night I remember two dreams each involving different people. They both were talking to me about difficult situations going on in their lives. Is it weird to ask them if they're ok? Well, either way, I have via email. So we'll see.

I don't think my dreams are prophetic or can sense reality...but why is this happening?

God gives us many spiritual gifts. You can ask, and God will bless you with them when you're ready and if you pursue Him. Or even if you don't ask, as maturity/wisdom increases, you can gain the capability and capacity to do more. It's probably nothing, but maybe this is some sort of new sign? I'm convinced that even if these people are completely fine, there HAS to be a reason that I should be reconnecting with them.

Anyway, just throwin' it out there.
Thoughts?

1 comment:

Karlin said...

Sometimes I dream about other people... And yeah, they are people whom I haven't talked to for a long time, or people whom I care about but I haven't talked to for a very long time, or people I used to care a lot about... You get the gist.

When that happens, I try to think if God is trying to tell me something. At the same time, sometimes I also believe that my dream is meant for someone else and does not belong to me... So I tell these people what I think of the dream (not necessarily what the dream is, because a lot of the details apparently are false or doesn't mean anything). Instead, it is my interpretation of the dream that often makes more sense... But of course, I prayed for discernment when I woke up.

But I'm surprised how often people actually say that the dream speaks to them, or remind them of something, or confirms something... So now, when I dream of other people, I just share them to that person in the dream, even when at times I may be wrong and it doesn't do anything, I thought, hey, at least I did my job. I don't want to not share when I'm supposed to...

Hope this helps :D